>

Friday, April 15, 2011

Good News: Last post of Survivors can Strive and a beautiful story

My Photo







Marj at Survivors can Strive did her last post. After six years of blog she feel it's time to start another era:


"I thought about a few different things I would write for this post. Then, I had a little get together with a group of my friends that we sometimes call the "going deeper" group. It's a group of people that tend to have very little tolerance for idle chit chat and bullshit. We like to talk about "deep things." During our last get together, we drank wine and read each other our own obituaries that we had written for ourselves. Here is what mine said:

"The major accomplishment in the life of Marj McCabe was breaking the cycle of abuse. It was a cycle of child abuse--sometimes insidious, always heinous--that she was forced to inherit and had gone on for generations on both sides of her family of origin. Although this accomplishment took the excruciating work of therapy for much of her adult life, she never could have done it without the patience and love of her amazingly supportive husband. She never would have embarked on the perilous journey in the first place, had it not been for the immense love she felt for her own offspring.
 And while it never received the fanfare or recognition of other achievements having such great potential for positive impact on future generations, Marj could grasp its significance. And for her, it was enough."

Since writing that "obituary," I've thought a lot about just what is enough for me. One of the main reasons I started writing a blog is to find meaning for the abuse I suffered as a child. I'm not sure I've done that, but I have done a lot." whole post here.


I'm happy for her and thou I'll miss her that is the way it is. She helped many people and I'm sure her blog will help others who were abused during childhood.

4 comments:

Mike Golch said...

I will miss her as well.

Ana said...

But I believe she is fine and that's what counts!
love,
Ana

Marj aka Thriver said...

Oh, Ana! You are so sweet! I am truly touched by this post you've written in my honor. I so enjoyed seeing your comment at my blog the other day, as I haven't seen you around for a long time.

I am really slow at getting around to all my blog readers to say thank you for reading after five years of blogging. I want to thank you for your support, encouragement and your advocacy and raising awareness. I wish you many blessings and I send you many ((((((((((((hugs))))))))))

Ana said...

YAY!!!!!!
Mission accomplished!
Congratulations Marj! You so deserve to have peace of mind.
I wish you all the best with love, tenderness and affection.
Love you dear...
Ana