>

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

The Businessman and the fisherman

Once a fisherman was sitting near the seashore under the shadow of a tree, smoking his cigarette. Suddenly a rich businessman passing by approached him and inquired as to why he was sitting under a tree smoking and not working. To this the poor fisherman replied that he had caught enough fishes for the day.

Hearing this, the rich man got angry and said: "why don't you catch more fishes instead of sitting in shadow wasting your time?"

Fisherman asked: "what would I do by catching more fishes?"
Businessman: "you could catch more fishes, sell them and earn more money, and buy a bigger boat."
Fisherman: "what would I do then?"
Businessman: "you could go fishing in deep waters and catch even more fishes and earn even more money
Fisherman: "what would I do then
Businessman: "you could buy many boats and employ many people to work for you and earn even more money."
Fisherman: "what would I do then?"
Businessman: "you could become a rich businessman like me."
Fisherman: "what would I do then?"
Businessman: "you could then enjoy your life peacefully."
Fisherman: "what do you think I'm doing right now?"

2 comments:

susan said...

Lovely.

And perfectly on point. Thank you Ana.

Ana said...

I'm glad you've liked it.
:)