>

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

SSRIs side effects are not manageable diseases

I've came across with this site because someone has searched "effexor xr case reports of motion sickness" and found the post I've reported feeling dizzy.
I still feel dizzy but after trying to find help with physicians I've realized that there's nothing to do but live with it and hope it will go away. It comes and goes.
There are many reports of side effects related to SSRIs and other psych-drugs all over the Web. The great majority find no help to cope with side effects.
This is one report from the site:
"I have been on antidepressants for approximately 11 years. Zoloft, Wellbutrin, Celexa. I want to get off antidepressants altoghter. My reasons:
1. I developed vertigo ( possibly Menieres Disease) I wonder whether there is a correlation between anti depressants and vertigo &/or Menieres Disease?
3. I believe that other symptoms have occurred due to my lengthy stay on antidepressants: shingles, bells palsy like symptoms, vertigo, menopausal symptoms starting at age 36. Confirmed menopausal at aged 42.

I was also prescribed lamictal (few days bad reaction: rash over body and I could not move the right side of face. The doctor feared bells palsy but it did not last. Treatment was stopped immediately, I was sent to the ER for a shot to rid the rash. Apparently a very small percentage who take lamictal develop a rash. An of this small percentage, a small percent of this population will die from the reaction because there is no known antidote. My advice, never take lamictal, it is NOT worth the risk. For people who are depressed, they can not even make the correct decision to take or not take the drug. They are in the hands of their psychiatrist and NO known antidote is a NO option for the patient.
Posted by: jz at January 17, 2006 12:32 PM
I don't even know what to say about it all.

No comments: